Monday 13 January 2014

Whingy whinge

Just snuck in to work 3 hours late again. Stressed up to the eyeballs so maybe writing a post will make me feel better.

  • Plumber has only had 4 weeks to get the bathroom connected and it still isn't. Fair go, 4 weeks isn't very long. NOT
  • Hot water unit suspected faulty and being second hand, wouldn't be worth fixing, so it's another $800 for another one. 
  • The shower doesn't fit my plumbing so I'm going to try and fight Highgrove Bathrooms "no return" policy to get my $300 back. Now to research showers that might fit my plumbing. The bath is already way too narrow to be used as a shower and I'm full of regret for the whole bathroom design.
  • A handyman turned up late to our appt this morning and made excuses as to why he didnt want my job of mounting the shower screen, bathroom fittings etc. BOGAN! Beginning to think it will be easier to youtube it and do it all myself.
  • Roofing quotes came in at $3500 - $5400 but so far the $3500 one hasn't got back to me despite 2 attempts. People rarely get back to you. Everything is a constant chase. 
  • Telstra- ordered a new line ages ago. They haven't got back to me. HELLO? Do I exist? I've lost track.
  • My budget. My poor budget.
  • 40C + every day this week. I can kiss goodbye to the prospect of my carpenter finishing the skirtings or quoting on further work.

When oh 
                 when will I get my
                                                   life back   bzzzz bleh gheaihgdv

8 comments:

  1. I asked my gardener for a quote to remove my bushes and put hibiscus in -he lives around the corner. That was over a week ago. It doesn't help you but the minor frustration that he's giving me gives me at least some idea of your agony should I times it by 1million. I love houses -but there's always something needing something. X

    -sal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sal. I want to sit out on your copacobana deck with the boys! I want to take Anneliese to the beach. I want to go shopping in the city. Whinge whinge whinge.

      Hope he comes back to you soon. Hibiscus will suit your garden perfectly. Back or front?

      PS trim your bush *immature giggling*

      Delete
  2. Haha you're welcome any time! If you have a spare mo or just need a break let me know! I'm living it up on the daybed now but it's really not that warm *whinge whinge* maybe one day it will be warm enough for me to lie out here and not feel the urge to wrap a towel around me *whinge* work gets in the way of all the best weather *whinge*. I'm hoping for big things in feb -kick ass continuous weather then we can all fulfill our dreams :P yeh! Yay to hibiscus! Hahah I don't bother trimming it anymore it just grows back ... Hopefully the gardener will rip it out for a reasonable price and I'll have lovely flowers... Tho I dunno if they grow here but pfft. Anyway. Talk talk. Blah blah. House progress is very exciting and can almost taste the house warming punch ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw babe, what a shit storm. Massive hugs and good luck on getting to swap your shower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry about that disaster. Best wishes and stay strong.

      Joana

      Delete
    2. Shower turned out to be OK I think. Woohoo!! Thanks for the support XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

      Delete
  4. HUGS......tradies are the worst really.....they just don't give a fuck unless it's money. :(

    Don't make up your mind anything is a mistake till you actually live there, your perspective will change a bit.....if things still wrong least you have a working house and down the track anythings possible. :)

    M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very good advice Maiki, thanks. You're right - things will become clear when I'm there. Ive been thinking it would be so much easier to renovate a house you're living in, just because you can take time to really consider things rather than rushing to buy each thing because you're just so desperate to get it done.

      I hope if one day I need to change the bathroom it wont be too much of a bitch to swap the bath for a wider one, and a vanity for a smaller one. What I SHOULD have done.

      Thanks XX

      Delete